Discover the world’s smallest monkeys in the jungle of Tangkoko National Park, North Sulawesi. This tour is a highlight for animal lovers, nature buffs and monkey fans.
Go on a discovery tour: Our East Indonesia island tour is something different and offers insights into an island world still untouched by tourism. On this tour, you will immerse yourself in the charming landscape of the north of the island of Sulawesi.
Your fitness level: To enjoy this tour, you should be of average fitness. The tour can sometimes be a bit strenuous, but the effort is rewarded by unforgettable experiences.
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Start/ End: Manado
Minimum number of participant/s: 1 person
Best visit Period: March to November
Rainy season: from December to February
- Arrival at Sam Ratulangi Airport in Manado
- Your personal guide will welcome you at the airport and take you to your hotel in Tomohon in the Minahasa Highlands (transfer time approx. 2 hours)
- Relax the rest of the day at the hotel or explore your surroundings
- Dinner at the hotel (not included)
- Breakfast at the hotel and pick up by your guide
- Sightseeing in the Minahasa Highlands, including a light morning trek (about 1 hour’s walk) to Mount Mahawu. There you will enjoy a panoramic view over the Mahawu crater and the city of Tomohon
- Afterwards you will dive into the fascinating atmosphere of the Tomohon market and continue with visiting the crater lake and the hot springs
- You will also visit a village where the local wooden houses are still built in the traditional style
- Lunch on tour (not included)
- Transfer to the hotel and dinner at the hotel (not included)
- Breakfast at the hotel and pick up by your guide
- Transfer to Tangkoko National Park along a scenic route with wonderful views of the surrounding mountains and Tondano Highland Lake
- Today you will make a stopover at the old Minahasa sarcophaguses
- Simple lunch in/near Tangkoko National Park (not included)
- You will start your jungle trekking tour through Tangkoko National Park in the afternoon, when wildlife activity is increasing again. At that time, the smallest monkeys in the world, the Sulawesi tarsiers, leave their roosts and are especially easy to observe. Hold on to nightfall and you also might catch a glimpse of Tarantulas. This adventurous trek lasts about 3 hours and leads through rough terrain.
- Overnight and dinner (not included) in a nearby simple lodge
- Early morning hike with your guide through the jungle. Here you have another opportunity to observe the little goblins in and around their tree holes and become part of the morning jungle life. With a bit of luck, you will also have the chance to meet the black crested monkey, the Maccaca Nigra, one of the endemic monkey species of Sulawesi, and also to observe many different bird species. This trek also takes about 3 hours and leads through rough terrain.
- Around noon transfer to the airport or harbour for the next stop of your journey
- Price: from … EUR / single traveller
- Price: from … EUR / with 2 persons
- Price: from …. EUR / with 3 persons
This tour is not so suitable for children because of the long trekking through rough terrain.
- 4 days individual round trip according to the description
- All activities will be individually organized for you and will be accompanied by your personal guide
- 3 nights with breakfast in authentic accommodation far away
from mass tourism with shower/WC. In the lodge only sleeping mattresses and no western-standard sanitary facilities
- Meal arrangements as described
- all transfers (accompanied) from/to Manado
- Your personal English-speaking guide/tour guide will accompany you on your entire trip and will be your contact person if you have any questions or requests.
- Travel insurance certificate
We recommend taking out travel insurance (travel health insurance, travel cancellation insurance).
Extend Your Trip
…and explore destinations beyond the wonders of the Spice Islands. Extending a trip creates even more unique experiences and breathtaking moments for you and your travel companion. Combine your jungle experience with a beach vacation, a cultural trip, or even more adventure such as a tour to the active volcanoes of the North Moluccas. Make your trip a unique experience and expand it to fully experience Indonesia east of the Wallace Line.
Expand Your Options
- Explore the legendary Spice Islands.
- Discover the beautiful underwater world east of the Wallace Line.
- Experience further adventures in Ternate, Tidore, Morotai and Halmahera, North Maluku.
- Or discover the sacred highlands of the Toraja in southern Sulawesi.
Design Your Tour
The above tour description is intended as a suggestion. The tour can be split or extended according to your wishes. We will be happy to customize it to your individual wishes and ideas. Just get in contact with us.
The prices are from/to the starting point of the tour. They include all services according to the respective tour description. Higher prices apply especially in the high season from … – … and during Indonesian holidays like Ramadan or Idul Fitri. All prices are in Euro and per person based on 2 persons traveling together in a double room. Our terms and conditions apply.