Snorkelling adventure in an unspoiled underwater world, exotic markets & alluring scents
Go on a discovery tour: On this tour you will discover the highlights of the islands of Ternate, Tidore and Central Halmahera. If you love snorkelling and scuba diving, Halmahera offers a particularly delightful opportunity. This tour is also a highlight for birdwatchers.
Your fitness level: To enjoy this tour, you should be of average fitness. The tour can sometimes be a bit strenuous, but the effort is rewarded by unforgettable experiences.
Duration: 8 days / 7 nights
Start/ End: Ternate
Minimum number of participant: 1 person
Best period to visit: … to …
Challenging visit period: … till …, it is the peak of rainy season in the area.
- On arrival at the Sultan Babullah Airport in Ternate your personal guide will welcome you at the airport. Transfer to the hotel booked for you.
- Once there, you can relax for the rest of the day/evening or gather first impressions of your surroundings.
- Dinner can be taken at the hotel (not included).
- After breakfast at the hotel you will explore the island of Ternate with your guide.
- You will discover the path of the spices and dive into the past of the island. Marvel at old fortifications and experience spice plantations with picturesque panoramic views.
- You will visit the Sultan’s Palace, the former centre of power that ruled even the most remote places of this vast archipelago.
- In the centre of Ternate, you will visit the place where Alfred Russel Wallace wrote his famous treatise on the origin of species.
- Immerse yourself in the bustling streets and markets of the island with its exotic fruits and spices.
- Continuing your journey around the island, you will also visit more secluded areas of Ternate with lakes and idyllic beaches. Do not forget your swimsuit!
- Lunch on tour; dinner can be taken at the hotel (both not included).
- Your day starts with an early breakfast. Your guide will pick you up early to catch the morning car ferry to Tidore.
- Your island tour starts in the north of Tidore and takes you to the historic capital of the island with the Sultan’s Palace and strategically located fortifications facing the sea and offering wonderful views of the surrounding area.
- On the way you will have the opportunity to get to know the local craftsmanship in a traditional blacksmith village.
- On the slopes of Mount Kiematubu you will visit one of Tidore’s spice plantations and enjoy the view whilst surrounded by exotic scents and impressions. About halfway up the mountain you will make a last stop in one of the traditional villages of Tidore before returning to Ternate.
- The rest of the day is at your own disposal.
- Lunch on tour, dinner can be taken at the hotel (both not included).
- After an early breakfast you will start your journey to Halmahera, the largest island of the Moluccas. Here your unforgettable snorkelling or diving adventure begins.
- After crossing the Moluccan Sea, your journey takes you directly through central Halmahera to your small, charming bungalow resort on the edge of the jungle at the Halmahera Sea.
- As you will probably arrive there in the afternoon hours, you should have some time to explore the beautiful house reef.
- Dinner at your bungalow resort.
Day 5 & 6
- The next two days offer you plenty of opportunity to explore either the unique and unspoilt underwater world of the Halmahera Sea or the equally charming fauna, especially the birdlife, unique to the East of Wallace Line.
- Just talk to your hosts, who will be very happy to help you realise your plans (tour arrangements not included). Free insider tips are included.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in your bungalow complex (full board).
- After an early breakfast you will start your return journey to Ternate, where you will arrive in the late afternoon.
- After checking in at your hotel, you can either immerse yourself in Ternate’s bustling street life again or simply enjoy the rest of the day at the pool – whichever you prefer.
- Breakfast at your bungalow resort, lunch on tour, dinner can be taken at your booked hotel (lunch & dinner not included).
- After a last early breakfast you will be accompanied to Ternate’s airport or harbour from where you will start your journey home or continue on to your next adventure.
- Price: from … EUR / single traveller
- Price: from … EUR / with 2 persons
- Price: from … EUR / with 3 persons
This tour is suitable for children aged 12 and over. They are accommodated together with their parents in one room. An extra bed/mattress cannot be guaranteed.
- 8 days individual round trip according to the description.
- All activities will take place individually for you and will be organised by your personal guide / driver.
- 7 nights with breakfast in authentic accommodation far away from mass tourism with shower/WC.
- Meal arrangements as described
- all transfers (accompanied) from/to Manado
- Your personal English-speaking guide/tour guide will accompany you on your entire trip and will be your contact person if you have any questions or requests.
- Travel insurance certificate
We recommend taking out travel insurance (travel health insurance, travel cancellation insurance).
Extend Your Trip
…and explore destinations beyond the wonders of the Spice Islands. Extending a trip creates even more unique experiences and breathtaking moments for you and your travel companion. Combine your cultural trip with a volcano experience or a beach vacation or even more adventure. Make your trip a unique experience and extend it to experience Indonesia east of the Wallace Line to the fullest.
Expand Your Options
- Explore the legendary Spice Islands.
- Discover the beautiful underwater world east of the Wallace Line.
- Experience more adventures in the jungles of North Sulawesi or the active volcanoes of North Maluku.
- Or discover the sacred highlands of the Toraja in South Sulawesi.
Design Your Tour
The above tour description is intended as a suggestion. The tour can be split or extended according to your wishes. We will be happy to customize it to your individual wishes and ideas. Just get in contact with us.
The prices are from/to the starting point of the tour. They include all services according to the respective tour description. Higher prices apply especially in the high season from … – … and during Indonesian holidays like Ramadan or Idul Fitri. All prices are in Euro and per person based on 2 persons traveling together in a double room. Our terms and conditions apply.